The Revive team are constantly developing and planning workshops and events throughout the year. We run a number of events on site within our Revive Space on the Falkirk High Street, and we deliver a large amount of Outreach Workshops throughout Falkirk. If your community group or organisation would like to have us along to run a textile upcycling workshop, wood upcycling workshop, or a cooking session, then get in touch.
Revive Repair Cafe: Sat 18th August 12noon-4pm
Need any clothing, bikes or furniture repaired? Then head along to our Repair Cafe on 18th August for some repairs and/or advice. On the day you can also find out more about our projects at our FEL Falkirk site and have a cuppa/snack at the same time.
Event Terms and Conditions:
On the day you can bring along the following items:
- Small pieces of wooden furniture (chairs, lamp tables etc...)
- Clothing and textiles
- Bicycles (repairs/advice & maintenance/health check)
Other t's & c's:
- All repairs are made, and advice taken at the participants’ own risk. This is a free service and not a commercial enterprise. Although all our staff are trained, we cannot guarantee the repairs.
- For large furniture items, participants can bring a photograph of the broken piece and our staff will do their best to give guidance and advise on the necessary repairs. Please make sure that the photograph shows a clear image of the area to be repaired
- Our staff will diagnose any problems and try their best to fix your item on the day. However, not all problems will be repairable in the time we have or may need parts or specialist equipment. If they can’t fix your item on the day, they’ll advise you on what to do next. If replacement parts are needed, participants will need to purchase these at their own expense.
- The event is run on a first come first served basis and can get quite busy. We will do our best to see everyone, but please come early to avoid disappointment.
- Last entry will be 3.30pm.
Revive Clothes Swap: Sat 26th May 12noon-4pm
Why shop when you can swap?
Bring your unwanted clothes and accessories along that are in good conditon and use them as currency to take something home you will love.
- Items will be swapped item for item (1 item = 1 token)
- Items accepted include: summer clothing; light winter clothing; cycling and sportswear (not swimwear); children’s clothing; and bags
- Items that will not be accepted include: Jewellery; nightwear; swimwear; underwear including socks; shoes; baby grows; and real nappies
- Items must be clean and in a good condition, something that has shrunk, is stained or needs repairing (e.g. missing buttons, broken zips, loose sequins or beading, rips, tears, fabric pulls or holes, bobbly bits, disintegrating seams or hems, lint or fluff) will not be accepted.
- Items can be dropped off at the Revive Shop from Tues 15th to Wed 23rd May during normal opening hours: Tues, Wed and Sat 11am-4pm. Limited to 10 items per person maximum. You can bring items on the day to swap, however this will be limited to 3 items per person.
- The event will run from 12noon-4pm, tokens will be required between 12noon and 3pm. The last hour will be a free for all with no tokens required.
January - March 2018
Revive Falkirk have a large amount of events coming up over the next few months, including Bike Repairs, Furniture Upcycling, Craft Upcycling, Donation Drives, and IT Repairs. Its going to be a very fun and very busy start to the New Year. We will upload here and post on social media as and when we have new events etc... So keep posted. For details on all workshops and how to book see below.
Free IT Repair Drop Ins:
Is your laptop or tablet going slow, not working or has a fault? Would you like to get it fixed to save you from throwing it away?
Come along to our next IT Repair Drop In on Sat 17th March between 1pm and 4pm and have your device looked at by one of our IT Experts, who will do their best to repair your device or provide advice on the day, all for FREE. Our IT experts will be on hand to make basic repairs and fix common computer issues if they can.
Terms and conditions:
- All repairs are made, and advice taken at the participants’ own risk. This is a free service and not a commercial enterprise. Although our IT experts are qualified we cannot guarantee the repairs.
- Our IT experts will diagnose the problem and try their best to fix it on the day. However, not all problems will be repairable in the time we have or may need parts or specialist equipment. If they can’t fix the device on the day, they’ll advise you on what to do next, or what parts to buy so you can come back to another event.
The event is free, and they’ll try and fix your device for free if they can. However, if replacement parts are needed, participants will need to purchase these themselves.
- Please bring your laptop or tablet AND try and remember your power lead/charger.
- Please have any necessary passwords ready for use if need be.
- If you can, try and back up important files before you come to the event in case your device needs re-setting/restoring.
- The event is run on a first come first served basis and can get quite busy. Last entry will be 3.30pm. We will do our best to see everyone, but please come early to avoid disappointment.
For more details and to book your place visit:
Furniture Upcycling: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/upcycled-furniture-2-day-course-tickets-43474740118
Upcycled Textile Owl: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/upcycled-textile-owl-tickets-42136712040
Fabric Wind Chimes/Dream Catchers: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/upcycled-fabric-wind-chimesdream-catchers-tickets-42137008928
Does your bike have a flat tyre that you don’t know how to fix? Is your bike suffering from some brake problems? Does the thought of bike repair costs put you off cycling?
Well, why not come along to one of our free Bike Repair sessions and get a bit bike savvy?
Our sessions are designed to help you get to know your 2-wheeled steed and to provide you with the skills to repair your bike and save you from unnecessarily throwing your bike away or leaving it to rust away unused.
For more details and to book your place visit:
Wed 28th Feb: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bike-repair-workshop-tickets-42153804163 CANCELLED DUE TO SNOW.
Wed 28th Mar: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bike-repair-workshop-tickets-42154258522 CANCELLED
Re-Act Donation Drives:
We planning a selection of Donation Drives with Re-Act Refugee Action Scotland to collect items for refugees in camps across Europe and beyond, and also for locally settling refugee families.
Do you have any unwanted clothing, sleeping bags, tents, torches, or batteries that you could donate instead of throwing away? if you do, then come along to our donation drives. see the poster below for items that we will accept.
Our next Donation Drives will take place on Tuesday 13th and 27th March 4pm-7pm