Our 'Fruitful Communities' Project will be coming to an end at the end of May, and we want to finish with a flourish!
As it will be blossom time, we will be holding a Forth Valley May Blossom Week, from 8 - 14 May 2017, when we will be working with some of the communities that we've been supporting for the past year, with the help of our partners.
We will be at several venues throughout the week, working with schools most days up until 3 o'clock. The community are then invited to come along and walk around the trees, meet the orchard team, and share the beauty! The weekend events will be family events and all are invited to blossom activities and games, trails and picnics!
Events confirmed so far are:
- Monday, 8 May - High Valleyfield Orchard, Valleyfield Woodland, Fife, where local schools will focus on pollination - flower dissection, examining blossom, bumblebee kits, drawing
- Tuesday, 9 May - Helix Nuttery, Helix Park, Falkirk. Local schools will be making clay bugs, and bug hotels, bird and bat boxes from re-used wood, with the help of FEL's Richard Chatfield and the Helix Green Team
- Wednesday, 10 May - Falkirk TO BE CONFIRMED
- Thursday, 11 May - Larbert High School at Kennetpans Orchard, Clackmannanshire, looking at blossom, pollinators and doing Citizen Science
- Saturday, 13 May - Kennetpans Orchard Family Tree Blossoming Day, Kennetpans, Clackmannanshire. There will be a self-guided 'Orchardeering' Quiz Trail, orchard craft activities, Citizen Science guides to investigate the minibeasts, plants and lichens in the orchard, and time to enjoy the space and have a picnic! BOOKING REQUIRED.
- Sunday, 14 May - Stirling. TO BE CONFIRMED.
Watch this space!