Forth Environment Link’s current Circular Economy Project: Forth Upcycling Network will be coming to an end on 30th June 2017. However, FEL have been successful in obtaining funding from the Climate Challenge Fund for 2017/2018, to run a new initiative called Revive Falkirk.
Revive Falkirk aims to create a new kind of community reuse space in the Falkirk Town Centre which will breathe new life into old or unwanted items. Revive will be based in the FEL Falkirk building on the High Street in Falkirk, and will focus on working with residents and communities in and around Falkirk Town Centre to increase reuse and reduce waste.
The FEL Falkirk building is currently under refurbishment with the hope to open in Autumn 2017. Outreach work will run from June 2017.
Revive Falkirk will:
• Deliver a variety of repair and upcycling workshops on site and through outreach work in various Falkirk communities to educate; raise awareness; improve and increase skills; and improve confidence.
• Work with local organisations to run promotional/educational Pop Ups within the Revive space
• Sell unique upcycled products made by local upcyclers
• Provide volunteering opportunities focusing on reuse
The Revive team will deliver a wide range of repair and upcycling workshops on site and through outreach in various Falkirk communities. Workshops will include:
• Wood upcycling
• Furniture upcycling and repair
• Clothing and textile repair and upcycling
• Upcycled arts and crafts
• Bicycle maintenance
• WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) repair and maintenance
Revive will deliver two different 4-week Training courses from the Revive Site:
• Nailed It: Wood upcycling course designed to educate and upskill participants in woodworking and upcycling techniques.
• Sew You Know It: Textiles repair and upcycling course designed to educate and upskill participants in sewing, repairing and upcycling techniques.
The Revive Team are:
Please contact the team for more information about the Project or to enquire about potential outreach workshops in your community.
Click the Facebook icon for access to the Revive Facebook Page: